We are confident that any Mayfield instrument will last you a lifetime and are proud to offer a Lifetime Guarantee to all of our instruments. This guarantee is honoured in all cases, subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. Mayfield will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace any part of its instruments that are found to be defective due to poor workmanship or materials.
2. The lifetime guarantee is only valid if you are the original purchaser and have registered the purchase of your instrument with Mayfield within 3 months of the purchase date.
3. This guarantee covers normal use only and precludes any claims for problems caused by wilful or accidental damage, neglect, misuse, failure to use the instrument for its normal purpose, use in abnormal conditions, accidental breakage and any other events outside the manufacturer’s control. Additionally, it does not cover any damage or problems associated with a) inappropriate cleaning/ maintenance methods or materials or b) any lack of appropriate cleaning or maintenance.
4. All claims under this guarantee must be referred to Mayfield for assessment. Any work carried out that has not been formally pre-approved by Mayfield will render the guarantee invalid. The decision to repair or replace a defective instrument shall be at the sole discretion of Mayfield.
5. This guarantee will become void if our assessment indicates that either the instrument or its serial number have been modified, altered or transformed in any way.
6. Mayfield will not accept any claims for work carried out by a third party without the express formal permission of Mayfield. Any such remedial work will render the guarantee null and void.
7. As is standard practice, the lifetime guarantee does not cover cord, felt washers or any other components that are expected to wear and deteriorate during the course of normal usage.
8. In the event that there is deemed to be a legitimate fault under the terms of this guarantee, standard shipping costs will be reimbursed.
9. This guarantee does not cover any rights other than those expressly described herein.
10. The guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights.
11. This guarantee does not cover any claims for consequential loss or damage and is limited to the cost of the replacement instrument.
Procedure for claiming under this guarantee:
Contact us providing details of:
o the instrument
o where and when purchased
o a detailed description of the fault
Mayfield will then advise where to return the instrument, at your cost. Shipping costs will be reimbursed should we assess that a legitimate fault has been found.